So simply put, so clearly stated. The call is there, where am I? What have I been doing for the past 15 years? I haven't....
I grew up in southwest Texas, in the hills of the Chihuahuan desert. Son of a trapper and a teacher, one older brother, a younger sister. Filled with wonder and adventure, I was always on the move. I recall finding a cave one Saturday, and my brother and I only making it 50 feet in until the darkness overwhelmed the small flashlight we had, forcing us to abandon the mission.
Its funny how life seems to move so slow when we are children. How a 4 hour trip to my Gran and Grandad's house seem like an eternity. Now I look back and wonder where time has gone, and it makes me somewhat frantic to fulfill my life's mission. I know it will all work in God's time, but I don't want to miss the bus. I don't want to fall off while being preoccupied with what seem important now, but in the scope of things my life is just a moment. A blink of the eye and you could miss it. I don't want that to be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment